Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Go Green

Soup. I decided on soup. What soup? Something easy and something economical. Fresh mushrooms could end up pricey. Tomato soup sounded too boring. I wanted something hearty and filling. With my shallow repertoire, all I found as a potential was broccoli. I also wanted some vegetable. Broccoli would melt down and loose texture. I wanted a side dish. Salad sounds good. I remembered we had some blue cheese, which went well with endive. Picking up endive, frisse and green pear, I realized my shopping basket is in green pallet.

Quickly boil sauteed onion and broccoli in chicken broth, puree and finish with some cream. Toss frisse, endive and pear in balsamic vinegar blue cheese dressing. Voila. Refreshing yet comforting dinner for a healthy evening.

No comments: