Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bear Mountain Park

Not to miss the foliage, we hopped in a Zipcar and drove up to Bear Mountain in upstate. BTW, Zipcar is really awesome. Easy to use and cheaper than rental cars. Bear Mountain is just off the Peekskill and it doesn't feel like it's only 1.5 hours away from Manhattan. We drove a bit, enjoying the colors of leaves. Then we ran into the last day of Octoberfest. Lucky us! German wine, beer and sausages. It made Miko's hungry tommy happy happy. Bakc on the car. I insisted to drive, on a 25mil/hour road. I officially have both Japanese and US license. But I never felt safe driving. In fact, my boyfriend (current and old) rarely let me drive. But hey, we are in the mountain, I can do it. I drove for 2 minutes. Just keep the same speed is hard enough. 4 cars are making a line beind me. Panic. Give up. What's wrong with me?I loved the rocks. Huge rocks. Some with beautiful surface made by moss and water dropps. We did a bit hiking and found a small fall. The iron racoon-dog is actually a grill. How cute!

No comments: