Sunday, January 21, 2007

Facial in Chinatown

This winter has been an undeniable proof of global warming. We had a summer-like day with 70 degrees and then 20s next weekend. Cold dry weather is one of the biggest enemies to women's skin. Even those expensive moisturizer won't penetrate well into the dry skin. I have a quite healthy skin, very economical. I barely use cream either. But the recent series of excessive dinning and drinking had given a little problem to my normally egg-like healthy face.

Luckily, I have a Japanese friend who works at a beauty spa in Chinatown. This place uses high-quality european products and a whole process of facial you could get in the city for couple hundred dollars. The regular price for 90 minutes facial is about $60. They have a 10-ticket set which makes a single visit only $40. Chinese customers like to have every pour squeezed out empty, which is actually bad for your skin. But my Japanese friend, unlike other Chinese estheticians at this spa, does a very gentle practice.

The place is right on Canal street and the room is small but clean enough. It starts with cleansing, steaming, pour cleaning, masking, massage. She massages not only the face but the neck and shoulder as well, promoting the blood circulation around the lymph gland. All this for $40 is a very, very reasonable. I've sent a few friends of mine, including a Czech girl who has a very dry, sensitive skin. She liked this facial as well and didn't have any problem with the products they use. With my healthy skin, I don't NEED to go there so often, but I love it for the facial experience as well as the relaxation.

Ci Ci Beatuty Spa
221 Canal Street, 2nd Floor
212-680-3526
MAP
Let me know if you are interested in going!

No comments: