Monday, September 22, 2008

Manhattan Sailing



After being in New York for 6 years, there are still so much I haven't tried, especially touristy things. I took a whole week of from work to spend time with my parents who recently came to visit me in the States for the first time in the eight years since I left Japan.

We did pretty much everything, Empire State Building to Broadway, Met to Ground Zero. But the most memorable and fun experience for them was the sailing cruise. So was for me. There are number of sailing tours. Some are on a sailboat, some are on a gigantic ship. Since the weather was unpredictable, I chose the boat with seats on a deck as well as inside. Luckily, the weather was excellent and we stayed out the whole time, but I think it was a good choice. The sailboat Schooners seems fun and refreshing, but you can't really keep standing.

Another good choice is the time of the cruise. I selected sunset cruise so we start while it's light, cruise in twilight and ends watching the Manhattan's night view. I absolutely recommend this plan as the city is almost the best at night. The cost for 1.5 hours cruising was $50 per person with one complimentary drink of wine, beer or champaign. Additional drinks are around $6.

Sail NYC
http://www.sail-nyc.com/

1 comment:

Helly1211 said...

what a great idea! glad your parents had such a nice visit.