Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bye bye King


King, the beloved German Shepherd in my neighborhood, passed away this September.

Three years ago, I was watching Animal Police in a hotel during my trip in Puerto Rico. It was about a German Shepherd who has been kept inside a car parts garage. Obviously, the owner never takes him outside the lot where dangerous and toxic car parts are scattered around. I instantly recognized this garage in my neighborhood and visited him after the trip.

Even though he's been raised in such an environment, he is absolutely sweet and sticks his head from the gate to play with people. We met a neighbor lady who comes and feeds him every day. She told me people were calling him King. I always wished if I could keep him, only if I had a big house. And last couple months, I saw another lady walking with King. He was walking so slowly, dragging his rare foot in socks. As great to see him outside, I was sad how old he got.

After many cold winters and hot summer in NY, he finally went to the heaven. One may think he had a good life. Still, its so sad that one lovely dog never knew the world outside this lot until the last few months of his life. We will always miss you, King!

No comments: