Saturday, July 14, 2007

Kamome Shokudo

Here's a new Japanese movie called Kamome Shokudo (Kamome Diner) which I just saw at the Japan Society. I've known about this movie mainly because of the famous female actresses I love. My American boyfriend among all other Western audience laughed a lot and enjoyed this charming movie.

It's a stroy about a little diner in Finland. One female owner whose background and history is omitted in the film meets other two Japanese females who happened to meet the owner and start helping her. All three are famous in Japan not only for their acting skills but more for their unique character. You love them. And this is not a typical Japanese story that forces the audience to appreciate the Japanese culture. With humor and great script, this movie brings you happiness and appreciation for Japanese food. I'd categorize this movie as humorous drama.

You won't regret.

No comments: