Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Turmeric Tea

It's probable that everyone knows what Turmeric is. The yellow spice is often used in Indian dishes. I knew that Turmeric is somehow good for your health. And the other day, I found Turmeric Tea at a Japanese grocery store.

According to my online research, Turmeric (ginger root family) has a very effective component called Curcumin. This element has a proven effect in promoting the liver fuction. Turmeric is also known for anti-oxidant and cancer prevention. Some caution the chance of strong side-effect for those who have hepatitis and other liver problems. But it sounds like it's a very healthy thing if you dont' have major health problems.

I started drinking lots of Turmeric tea ($5 is a bit pricey but you can probaly make with Turmeric powder economically), and I feel like I get much less hangover. There's also extract tablets at health stores.

No comments: