Monday, November 10, 2008

Back in Tokyo

My last business trip to Japan. As always, I visited my favorite sushi place, Hide. We always toast with a beautiful plate of sashimi. He know how to pick the best seafood and decorate in a minimal yet excellent presentation.

An-kimo (angler fish liver) is usually prepared steamed or boiled and served in ponzu (citrus vinegar). 

Plump, sweet scallop grilled and wrapped in nori seaweed.

Winter is oyster. Oyster is my love! Japanese oyster has richer flavor and bigger in size compared to Western ones. Fresh oyster in Hide's original ponzu. I can get a bowl of this. Easily.

And final dish is a plate of assorted sushi. My favorite is in the middle. Shallots (I think it's different from what we have here) and quail egg. I will miss my Japanese trip...

No comments: