Monday, February 18, 2008

Bridal Shower

I went to a bridal shower for the first time in my life. I didn’t event know what it was all about. Obviously, there’s no theme like lingerie party or anything. So I assumed it would be somehow low-key, held at a restaurant in a charming town in NJ. It turned out to be a HUGE shower, inviting over 100 guests. I can’t even imagine the scale of their wedding…. A huge banquette room decorated with lovely red roses was full of her friends and mainly family.
Nor sure why the shower involves games so much. Perhaps an American thing? Anyways, there were three games. Quiz about the bride and broom. Crossword puzzle about them as well, which was very well made. And bingo, guessing what gifts she would get.

I was wondering if she would actually open all gifts. Yes, she did, thanking each one of the senders. The volume of gifts completely blew my mind. If I got married right now, we wouldn’t even have a space in our tiny apartment kitchen to store all the gadgets. And as a tradition, she wore a hat made of ribbons from the gifts.
It was very good experience.

No comments: