Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Humorous Song Agitates Feminists

This song humorously represents how Japanese men treat women. It was a really popular song but also famous for the politically arguable content. It got criticized by a feminist group back then.

Kanpaku Sengen - by Masashi Sada

Before I take your hands into marriage
Let me tell you a few things.
Some may sound harsh
But I want to tell you honestly.
Don’t wake up after me.
Don’t go to bed before me.
Cook well.
Keep yourself looking nice
Just as much as you can.
Remember that a man who’s not a good worker
cannot keep a family.
Certain things are better done by you.
Don’t mind other things
Just follow me.

Your parents, my parents
Take a good care of both.
Deal with my mom and sisters smartly.
It should be easy. Just love them.
Don’t say or listen to rumors.
Don’t get too jealous.
I won’t cheat on you.
I probably won’t.
I don’t think I will
But be prepared just in case.
We form the happiness together.
Shouldn’t be mended by one’s effort.
You leave your house and family for me.
Think you have no place to go back.
I am your home from now on.

When our kids grow and we get old.
Don’t die before me.
Even just for a day
Don’t go before I do.
I only need you hold my hand.
Drop 2 drops of tears.
Then I say my life was wonderful
Thanks to you.
I promise. I will say so.
Don’t forget. You are the only woman I love.

No comments: